Advanced task wizard in community edition cannot create task Error Value '0' is not valid for parameter 'start_day'

using recent VM
Advanced task wizard wont create task with run immediately of date set.
error
Value '0' is not valid for parameter 'start_day'.

Works fine for me. Are you using GCE 6.0.10? Can you take a screen shot of the advanced task manager?

1 Like

hello

it’s Greenbone OS 6.0.10

I’ll try to recreate it,

happened quiet a lot yesterday, is there any log file i can access to help ?

Well that’s typical, cannot recreate issue today, which makes that difficult to prove and me look a bit of a nerd… Wonder if it’s timing related or some other issue related to environment RAM ?? … at some point i did change the VM linux version following reading a forum but that’s a bit straw clutching…

I encountered the same error. I am using 6.0.10.

Same error here, using Greenbone OS 20.08.4.

I have a clue, based on the screenshot from last user and my experience, it’s later night now, my timezone is UTC -3, the interface is trying to schedule for tomorrow (UTC timezone).

The last user’s screenshot was also taken later night, maybe there is a timezone bug.

Based

I also had the same issue when i select “Start immediately” it’s gives me same error message as “Value ‘0’ is not valid for parameter ‘start_day’.”

Looking at console log whenever i select task “Start immediately”, in background it picks the time as per UI “Create schedule” timing which is UTC timezone by default .

Workaround :
Create a scheduled task 1-2 minutes ahead of UTC timezone

Proposed solution:
Start immediately timing should not be picked from Create schedule calendar.

Thank you everyone for the reports and the analysis. We’ll try to get this fixed!

1 Like

I have this same issue running Greenbone Community Edition installed via Kali native packages.
Unlike the issues mentioned above, I cannot even seem to select the “Create Schedule” option.

Same issue here on the Greenbone Trial. Did you manage to find a workaround? I rebooted the VM etc., but no luck. Any simple tricks are welcome of course :wink:

All in all, this isn’t really making a convincing argument to purchase a paid license for my company. We need to keep the show running. Lags and bugs like these stick out like a sore thumb. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This issue just went away about 24 hours later for me. I noticed that I was starting the scan around midnight. I guess since it’s so intermittent that it is some type of timestamp collision with certain combinations of date parsing.

It should go away within a few hours.

This might be already solved once the following PR has been merged:

At least it contains references to e.g. schedules, timezones and startDate.

1 Like