All hosts are with 127.0.0.X IP after removing some older reports

Hi,

I deleted some old reports since there was about 30k info findings for every scan caused by a bad firewall config. That caused my custom application that queries report data from openvas scanner to break since it uses mongodb and the query responses were over the 16mb limit.
After deleting reports, all the scans now have the IP 127.0.0.X. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to blow up the db?

Under Assets -> Hosts the correct IP addresses are still there.

Best wishes,
mark0w

GVM versions

gsad: 20.8
gvmd: 20.8
openvas-scanner: 20.8
gvm-libs: 20.8

No response :frowning: Just cloned the tasks and removed old ones with the issue in hopes that it won’t happen again.

Best wishes,
mark0w

You can’t expect an answer within 24 hours. All people here are answering questions on a voluntary basis. Even all employees of Greenbone. Please be patient and if you need a reaction within 24 hours please think about professional and payed support!

1 Like

Sorry, wont happen again.

I created the tasks again and the issue still persists. Down below is the hosts page of the last report:

And this is the results page:

What might cause this? Logs dont show any error.
I apologize for the rude comment before

Best wishes,
mark0w

Also found out that if I click on the IP address in the hosts section, it redirects me to the right and corresponding Address. When generating a report, it still shows the wrong IP address.

Found out that I had Anonymous_XML as my default report_format in /usr/local/var/lib/gvm/gvmd/report_formats. Changed to basic XML report format and everything is OK now.

Best wishes,
mark0w

1 Like