Authenticate RADIUS users without creating them in GSA first

Hello, I’ve setup RADIUS authentication and it is working, as long as I first create the user in GSA. Is there functionality hidden somewhere that I can leverage to automatically create RADIUS authenticated users in GSA instead of first creating the user manually?

GVM versions

gsad: 22.4.0
gvmd: 22.4.0
openvas-scanner: 22.4.0
gvm-libs: 22.4.0

Environment

Operating system:
Kernel: Linux igt-pgh-gvm-01 5.10.0-16-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.127-2 (2022-07-23) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Installation method / source: DVD iso

Thank you, …Rob

I don’t think so. We are using the LDAP authentication method, we have to create the user in the GSA before, too.

Thank you Eric. I was hoping that I could connect a GVM group to RADIUS so members of that group would automatically have access.

We only have 6 users, so it’s really not an issue for me to create the users in GVM manually and associate them our RADIUS server. It just wasn’t the way that I expected it to work.

Thanks again for your reply.

Related documentation can be found at 9 Managing the Web Interface Access — Greenbone Enterprise Appliance 21.04.26 documentation :

The appliance will use the service only for authentication on a per user basis, i.e., users who should be able to authenticate by the service have to be configured for authentication and to exist on the appliance as well.

In the case of the GSE the “appliance” means within the user management part of the GSA web interface.