Cannot connect to the GVM host?

Hi,
I intalle GVM on Kali, and I can connect from the GVM host to the management GUI https://127.0.0.1:9392. But when I try to connect from remote https://10.20.30.38:9393 it doesn’t work.
I receive an error message.

Hmmm… can’t reach this page

10.10.10.38 refused to connect.

Is there anything else I need to configure ?

Thanks a lot

GVM versions

Greenbone Vulnerability Manager 21.4.4
Manager DB revision 242
Copyright (C) 2009-2021 Greenbone Networks GmbH
License: AGPL-3.0-or-later
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Environment

Kali
Linux GVM 5.14.0-kali4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.14.16-1kali1 (2021-11-05) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Hi @Thorsten1972,

By default you will not be able to connect to GSA via the browser from another host or even using Kali’s IP address, you can only access it using loopback IP. To change that you need to allow the external connection (same network not over the internet) and to do that follow this link Accessing to GSA from any host in the same network where I explained step-by-step the configuration you need.

Best

1 Like

Thanks a lot for you feedback. I found this out 2 hours ago but was not that easy for me.
But this explanation you send to me is really good.

One more question you could help me maybe is, how can I create an certificate and configure it for the GVM host ? Is there an video too ?

Thanks a lot

Hi @Thorsten1972,

You’re welcome.
Unfortunately for the Community version you’re using you cannot install the certificate.
Note: Don’t forget that the community versions works with 30% of NVTs so if you want to use the GVM in organizational environment you should consider to move to commercial version and you’ll get full support from the Greenbone Networks Team for setup and manage it according to the recommendations.

Best Regards

1 Like

Hi Itcracker,
Ok, thanks a lot for your help.
Is it possible, after an test / trial period to upgrade our version with an license key to the supported one ?
Thank you
Best Regards