Can't connect to GSA anymore

Hi,
I have some issue with my installation since I try to update feeds, After updating feeds I try to scan multiples hosts and the scan stop at 73% and feed status are blocked in “In progress” status. Then I tried to reboot my computer. Now I can’t connect anymore to gsa (told me that GVM service is not responding) and this is what I saw in gsa logs :

Failed to connect to server at /opt/gvm/var/run/gvmd.sock: Connection refused

Openvas-scanner’s process is not working anymore :
Process: 681 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/openvassd --unix-socket=/var/run/openvassd.sock (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Same for gvm :
Process: 1229 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/openvassd --unix-socket=/var/run/openvassd.sock (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Best regards,

Is the service running ? Did you checked if any software is running behind the socket ?

“ss” or “netstat” might help you.

1 Like

Update : I finnaly success to connect (My directory /var was to undersize and it seems that redis break because of this ). gsa and gvm are working fine but I can’t scan. task isinterrupted at 0%
OPSD-scanner doesn’t want start

gsad logs :
Could not connect to Scanner at /opt/gvm/var/run/ospd.sock

How can i check this please ?

For guys who are wondering, my OpenVAS is working now. My directory /var where the redis database is was full. If you have the same problem just upgrade the stockage allowed to this directory

1 Like