I’ve just installed OpenVAS/gsad on an ubuntu 18.04.1 server. I’m finding if I scan a host five times with the same task and it finds the same issue each time, my results page now shows five identical issues. Run the scan again, now I have six issues. But it’s the same issue. See attached screenshot – this host has one medium, one low, and about 20 log issues, but it shows as 5, 5, and 109.
For versions, I installed the latest openvas from the ubuntu universe repository, which pulled in:
- greenbone-security-assistant/bionic,now 7.0.2+dfsg.1-2build1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
- greenbone-security-assistant-common/bionic,now 7.0.2+dfsg.1-2build1 all [installed,automatic]
- libopenvas9/bionic,now 9.0.1-4 amd64 [installed,automatic]
- openvas/bionic,now 9.0.2 all [installed]
- openvas-cli/bionic,now 1.4.5-1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
- openvas-manager/bionic,now 7.0.2-2 amd64 [installed,automatic]
- openvas-manager-common/bionic,now 7.0.2-2 all [installed,automatic]
- openvas-scanner/bionic,now 5.1.1-3 amd64 [installed,automatic]
Did I miss a config somewhere to de-duplicate same issues?