Failed to Start OpenVas Scanner ... the service is not activated

I´m with the following problem

openvas-scanner.service - OpenVAS Scanner
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/openvas-scanner.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Wed 2019-11-06 06:10:55 -04; 20min ago
Process: 7332 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/openvassd $SCANNER_SOCKET $SCANNER_MODE $SCANNER_GROUP $SCANNER_OWNER (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 7333 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Nov 06 06:10:54 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Unit openvas-scanner.service entered failed state.
Nov 06 06:10:54 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: openvas-scanner.service failed.
Nov 06 06:10:55 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: openvas-scanner.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Nov 06 06:10:55 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Stopped OpenVAS Scanner.
Nov 06 06:10:55 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: start request repeated too quickly for openvas-scanner.service
Nov 06 06:10:55 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Failed to start OpenVAS Scanner.
Nov 06 06:10:55 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Unit openvas-scanner.service entered failed state.
Nov 06 06:10:55 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: openvas-scanner.service failed.

if someone know one solution …please tell me

Please tell us what GOS Version do you use ?

Greenbone Management Protocol (GMP) Version 7.0 - Greenbone OS 4.1 - 4.3

GOS does not come with a systemd service for openvas which has an ExecStart line that looks like this.
Do you use a self-build GSE version or perhaps packages from your distribution?
How did you install openvas?

If it is indeed not a purchased GSM or the free GCE I’m afraid that this post is in the wrong category. Maybe someone could move this topic into the GSE category.

The used Greenbone Management Protocol (GMP) only tells you that the used GMP version would be compatible to those GOS versions. GMP can be used to communicate with a running manager daemon instance. In your case openvasmd.

1 Like

i download through
this link wget -q -O - https://updates.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic | sh
installed it…
and run de setup command openvas-setup

how can I download de GSE version with the systemd service the packages for CentOs?

Closing as a duplicate of CentOs7 OpenVas Service Openvas-scanner Failed - Greenbone Community Edition - Greenbone Community Forum which can be found quite easily when feeding the forums search with keywords like e.g.