Feed update information

I am not sure where to ask this questions so if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. (I’m new here, please be gentle :wink: )

We use OpenVas in conjunction AlienVault to run scans. The output is a spreadsheet with all the various fields one would expect, and we filter out false positives and low priority issues. We do this automatically by running a macro in Excel. However one issue I am running into is that the content we use in order to filter out findings is the “Vulnerability” field which looks like this:

TCP timestamps

Family name: General

Category: infos

Copyright: This script is Copyright © 2007 Michel Arboi

Version: $Revision: 7277 $

In order the macro to pick up the finding, I have to enter the information exactly as it is in that field. This issue arises when the revision number (in the case “Revision: 7277”) is updated. To give you an idea of the scope of the problem the following Revision numbers have all be associated with this vulnerability since I created the macro:

Every time the revision field is changed I have to add the exception to the macro. What I am trying to figure out is if there is a way to be able to be notified of these revision changes ahead of time as opposed to running the macro and then finding out that a new exclusion needs to be added. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Feeds are provided by greenbone to the community, but without support. If you need specific support like being notified of the revision change ahead of schedule, then I guess you need to ask Greenbone commercial support, to see if they would accept to do this.

Sorry I can’t help more, but I think your request goes beyond what the community can offer.

Best

5 Likes