GVM versions

gsad: Greenbone Security Assistant 21.4.3
gvmd: Greenbone Vulnerability Manager 21.4.4
Manager DB revision 242
openvas-scanner: OpenVAS 21.4.3
gvm-libs: gvm-libs 21.4.3

Environment

Operating system: Debian 10
Kernel: Linux SLDB-GVM 4.19.0-18-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.208-1 (2021-09-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Installation method / source: source/tgz

Hi all, I have a problem with updating feeds in a fresh installed system: I always get old feed versions:

sudo -u gvm /usr/local/bin/greenbone-nvt-sync --type SCAP --feedversion
sudo -u gvm greenbone-feed-sync --type SCAP --feedversion
sudo -u gvm greenbone-feed-sync --type CERT --feedversion
sudo -u gvm greenbone-feed-sync --type GVMD_DATA --feedversion

As far as I understood, there should be newer feed version. What do I need to do to get these newer feeds? Thanks for your help!

(Besides this the system seems to run well, but without the new feeds this doesn’t really help…)

Regards,
Mary

Hi all, problem solved. Somone hardcoded the feeds IP adress in /etc/hosts, and it seems to have switched from 45.135.106.142 to 45.135.106.142, the old one works but only with old feed.

Sorry, I didn’t get it that this could be the problem, as the IP was the expected, from what I read in the messages here. Did I miss some communication?

1 Like

Hi @mary and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’m glad it working and yep, the IP address changed in November though that info is in threads but not a separate topic. For address changes, the recommendation I was given is that it’s best to always sync with

feed.community.greenbone.net

and I’ll make a mention that the old address is offering the old feed. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks a lot, as I need to update the firewall rules, knowing the right ip adress or changes oto it is relevant…

You’re welcome and yes it is. In the future if it changes again we’ll try to have a top-level post about it to make it easier to find (or in some other way announce it).

1 Like