Follow up on not being able to connect to OpenVAS Manager on AWS due to invalid host header

So to follow-up on my other post here (Unable to connect to GSA on AWS due to invalid host header) since it’s been six days since my account has yet to be approved to be able to reply, the issue is that AWS provides funky DNS names that can’t be changed and when I go to use gsad --allow-header-host "gsa.example.com", it fails.

I allowed ports through my Security Groups, so it is not the firewall for the last time. If it was, I’d never get the following error message to begin with:The request contained an unknown or invalid Host header. If you are trying to access GSA via its hostname or a proxy, make sure GSA is set up to allow it.. How can I disable this host header check? That’d be much simpler.

I’m not sure how to set my host header that has weird AWS DNS names. Do I have to be browsing to it via localhost for initial security reasons since I’m trying to do all this on a cloud instance?

Also, if an admin reads this, can they remove the account hold on my other account? Thanks!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unable to connect to OpenVAS Manager on AWS due to invalid host header