openvassd[14146]: g_path_get_dirname: assertion ‘file_name != NULL’ failed

Version

openvasmd --versionOpenVAS Manager 7.0.2
Manager DB revision 184

openvassd --version
OpenVAS Scanner 5.1.1

systemctl status openvas-scanner

● openvas-scanner.service - OpenVAS Scanner
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/openvas-scanner.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Mon 2018-10-29 17:19:57 -03; 3 weeks 5 days ago
Main PID: 1496 (openvassd)
CGroup: /system.slice/openvas-scanner.service
G_path_get_dirname: assertion ‘file_name != NULL’ failed

I have no knowledge of what is happening, the scan was executed in 3 segments of red 10.2.2.0/24 192.168.1.0/24 192.168.2.0/24

Please, help me

Hi, when choosing the category for a topic please try to have a look at the category description for each category first:

The current used category is/was Greenbone Professional Edition - Greenbone Community Forum (Description: About the Greenbone Professional Edition category - Greenbone Professional Edition - Greenbone Community Forum) which is about the downloadable ready-to use virtual machine.

Based on your posted issue it sees you have an own installation either build from source or installed via 3rdparty repositories. For such installations the https://community.greenbone.net/c/gse (Description: About the Greenbone Community Edition category - Greenbone Community Edition - Greenbone Community Forum) needs to be chosen.

I have moved the topic to the correct category for now. It could be possible that the info above is made more prominent / easier to find in the future.

Comparing this versions with the latest ones of GVM-9 (end-of-life, initial release 2017-03-07) - Greenbone Community Edition - Greenbone Community Forum those are quite outdated.

Please update to the recent releases and try again.