Getting an rsync error as of today on NVTs, SCAP, and CERT DATA

Hello everyone. I am using latest “stable” version of GVM. Yesterday, I was able to build GVM successfully; however, today I am getting an error when syncing the NVTs, SCAP, and CERT DATA: rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(204) [Receiver=3.1.3]

I am certain Greenbone may be having some issues on their side. Just wanted clarification on what is happening.

Also, what are ways we can know Greenbone or myself may be having issues when data is being synced?

Thanks again for your help!

2 Likes

Good day!I had the same problem today!
Port 873 is open.

rsync: failed to connect to feed.community.greenbone.net (45.135.106.142): Connection refused (111)
rsync: failed to connect to feed.community.greenbone.net (2a0e:6b40:20:106:20c:29ff:fe67:cbb5): Network is unreachable (101)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(127) [Receiver=3.1.3]

It’s working!!!
Great!!!

This was an issue on our side which should be fixed now.

4 Likes

Thank you very much!

Not work here…
openvas | [Receiver] io timeout after 11 seconds – exiting
openvas | rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(204) [Receiver=3.1.3]

1 Like

Same issue here

Hi @mlasserteux and @soliiiiid and welcome to the forum. Thank you both for letting us know and I’ve reported it.

Same Issues keeps timing out

I have been struggling with this for the past day as well

I’m still struggling. Sometimes I can download the feeds, but more often I cannot download them.
thank you,

It’s working again!
thank you

This is working for me now as well.

Thank you.

NVTs, GVMD and SCAP data is able to work but CERT fails with an error:

rsync: failed to connect to feed.community.greenbone.net (45.135.106.142): Connection refused (111)
rsync: failed to connect to feed.community.greenbone.net (2a0e:6b40:20:106:20c:29ff:fe67:cbb5): Network is unreachable (101)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(127) [Receiver=3.1.3]

Just wanted to give an update on my side.

Thet issue still seems to be happening. However, it’s intermittent. I have several deployed scanners and I’ve been able to update most of them, but the last few seem to be failing.

We are experiencing the same error as others have reported.

Seeing the same errors as well

Hi all! Updated info here:

1 Like

@DeeAnn Thank you for reporting to myself and the Greenbone community on the rsync issues.

1 Like

Just installed this software but it failed.
I’ve got a message saying:
“run user -u -gvm – greenbone-feed-sync – type CERT”
So I run it but again getting several errors 100, 101, 137.
Failed to connect to the feed, network is un reachable, error in socket 10.