Given config_id was invalid

GVM versions

gsad: Greenbone Security Assistant 20.08.0~git
gvmd: Greenbone Vulnerability Manager 20.08.0 / Manager DB revision 233
openvas-scanner: OpenVAS 20.8.0
gvm-libs: gvm-libs 20.8.0

Environment

Operating system:
Kernel: Linux kali 5.9.0-kali4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.9.11-1kali1 (2020-12-01) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Installation method / source: Installed with ISO downloaded from Kali Website and installed gvm from repo

I have following issue:
I have updated the OS so ALL packages are up to date.

I have installed the GVM with “apt install gvm” successfully. Furthermore, I have run the “gvm-setup” and after that the “gvm-feed-update” successfully.

When I try to make a new Task to scan my destination VM (internal network) I am facing following issue:

It seems like gvm can not point to a valid config, right?
How to fix this issue?

Many Thanks!

This is indeed what it looks like. In GVMd 20.08, Scan configs are feed transferred objects. That means they get imported by the feed, like the NVTs. For this function to work, the state “feed_import_owner” must be set to the uuid of one GSA user, so that this user owns all scan configs.
May be the state isn’t set?
If you change the state, you need to do a new feed update for the scan configs to change to the new owner.

Thanks for reply.

Could you please give me instructions on how to do this?
Is it a CLI command or have I to set it in the dashboard?

From what i have read by other Kali users this should be already done by the following script provided by Kali:

If this isn’t doing this step correctly please raise an issue for the Kali package maintainers at https://bugs.kali.org as Greenbone isn’t involved in developing / maintaining the Kali packages or the gvm-setup script.

I have switched the network to external (www access) and now I can use the scanner without any issues.
As soon as I switch to local network the Scan Config is not available…

I was able to resolve this error in 20.08 by simply running

sudo greenbone-feed-sync --type GVMD_DATA

I believe this line is supposed to happen sometime during the gvm-setup script but it seems to fail sometimes.

I’ve seen recommendations to run gvm-setup more than once, so it makes sense that this particular line might not always work. Anyway, this command brought in the scan config information which resolved the issue.

[Update] Aha, just found this, which confirms the fact that the feeds bring in scan configs:

1 Like