GVM-10 (beta) installation fails

Hello,
I am trying to install GVM-10 (beta) from source but see the following output when going to build the scanner:

root@gvm:/…/openvas-scanner-6.0-beta2/build# make
Scanning dependencies of target openvas_misc_shared
[ 1%] Building C object misc/CMakeFiles/openvas_misc_shared.dir/bpf_share.c.o
[ 2%] Building C object misc/CMakeFiles/openvas_misc_shared.dir/ftp_funcs.c.o
[ 4%] Building C object misc/CMakeFiles/openvas_misc_shared.dir/vendorversion.c.o
[ 5%] Building C object misc/CMakeFiles/openvas_misc_shared.dir/network.c.o
/usr/local/src/openvas-scanner-6.0-beta2/misc/network.c: In function ‘open_sock_tcp’:
/usr/local/src/openvas-scanner-6.0-beta2/misc/network.c:1875:15: error: implicit declaration of function ‘kb_item_push_str’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
kb_item_push_str (args->key, “internal/results”, buffer);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
misc/CMakeFiles/openvas_misc_shared.dir/build.make:134: recipe for target ‘misc/CMakeFiles/openvas_misc_shared.dir/network.c.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [misc/CMakeFiles/openvas_misc_shared.dir/network.c.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:85: recipe for target ‘misc/CMakeFiles/openvas_misc_shared.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [misc/CMakeFiles/openvas_misc_shared.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:160: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
root@gvm:/…/openvas-scanner-6.0-beta2/build#

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I suppose you didn’t build against the new gvm-libs beta release.

1 Like

You are right. I somehow mixed up beta1 and beta2 releases and using the correct ones helped to solve the issue.

I have not seen any announcement with regards to GVM-10 beta2 being released as in the past on mailing lists. Is there anything comparable in this community?

Thanks

This is currently in state of flux. We haven’t defined or discussed a process about announcements yet. The releases from last week have been a bit spontaneously too. Most of the time I am creating a short message at twitter but that’s not an official announcement channel. Also the GVM-10 (beta) topic is updated.

1 Like