GVM 11 issues with reports

I installed GVM 11 from source on Kali 2020.2 everything seems to work apart from two issues with reporting firstly I can’t see an option for html reports from the Report Format drop down list and the secondly when I run CSV Results the spreadsheet is empty other report options like PDF seem to work fine I have checked the logs and no issues are showing up.

GVM versions

gsa: 9.0.1
gvm: 9.0.1
openvas-scanner: 7.0.1
gvm-libs: 11.0.1

Environment

Operating system: Kali 2020.2
Kernel: 5.5.0-kali2-amd64
Installation method / source: Built from source

A HTML report is not available in the Greenbone Source Edition anymore.

Because you build from source you could try to debug the CSV report format output. The report format can be found at https://github.com/greenbone/gvmd/tree/gvmd-9.0/src/report_formats
Executing a report format calls the generate script.

Thanks for help I have managed to narrow it down to the CSV_Results.xsl file but no idea how to fix it.

The reports are getting the XML returned from the GMP get_reports response and are converting it via XSLT.

I changed the generate file to call CSV_Hosts.xsl which I copied into the same report directory as CSV_Results.xsl and that works so that’s why I think the issue is with CSV_Results.xsl but I don’t know how to debug it

This might be not a problem in CSV_Results.xsl but a bug in libxstl which is used for generating this report:

Could you try to update your libxslt to version 1.1.34 and try again?

1 Like

This has solved the issue.

Many thanks

1 Like