GVM 20.08 - Master / Slave, dont work

Hello,

I always used openvas 9, with master / slave environment, some months ago stopped updating, and i installed in another servers (two machines) Vulnerability Manager 20.08 on Ubuntu 20.04, im trying to use master/slave environment but i follow some tutorials who i found in internet, but no one worked.
Someone have a some tutorial to help me please?

i used this topics

https://sadsloth.net/post/gmv10dockermasterslave/

Thanks
REGARDS

Hi, following the topic upon should work as well with 20.08. However, if you have newer GNUTLS librairies, you need to get the latest stable 20.08 release, as a patch is available there to work with those librairies (without this patch, master/slave authentication will always fail).

Also with this, the certificate issue highlighted in the topic is fixed, so you need to use the slave client certificates on the master side, and the server certificates on the slave side to run your ospd scanner.

It’s a bit handy, but it does work. Also, still use python3.7 if possible. It seems many have issues with python3.8.

Hello,
does anyone have a better explained tutorial for Master/Slave on gvm 20.8?

I cant understand this.

Thanks

What is it that you don’t understand in this tutorial ?

Hello Tatooin
Thanks for helping me…
I installed with this script
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/yu210148/gvm_install/master/install_gvm.sh

I’m having troubles with this part

On master side

/opt/gvm/bin/ospd-scanner/bin/python3.6 / opt / gvm / bin / ospd-scanner / bin / ospd-openvas --pid-file / opt / gvm / var / run / ospd-openvas. pid --unix-socket = / opt / gvm / var / run / ospd.sock --log-file /opt/gvm/var/log/gvm/ospd-scanner.log --log-level DEBUG --lock- file-dir / opt / gvm / var / run / --config /opt/gvm/etc/openvas/ospd.conf -f

• I don’t have python 3.6 so I use /usr/bin/python3
    and I don’t have this in my directory /opt/gvm/bin/ospd-scanner/bin/ospd-openvas
    my directory is like this
    And I have this error

and slave

/opt/gvm/bin/ospd-scanner/bin/python3.6 / opt / gvm / bin / ospd-scanner / bin / ospd-openvas --pid-file / opt / gvm / var / run / ospd-openvas- slave.pid -p 9390 -b 0.0.0.0 -k /opt/gvm/var/lib/gvm/private/CA/serverkey.pem -c /opt/gvm/var/lib/gvm/CA/servercert.pem - -ca-file /opt/gvm/var/lib/gvm/CA/cacert.pem --log-level DEBUG --lock-file-dir / opt / gvm / var / run / -l / opt / gvm / var /log/gvm/ospd-openvas-slave.log -f

Thanks

Your ospd-openvas installation is broken. Something wrong has happened while trying to install it. Before trying to start the daemon, you need to make sure it’s installed properly.

Also, I don’t think this will work with python3. You need python 3.6 at the minimum.

Installing GVM from source is a difficult story, and not necessarily well documented depending on your environment. It appears you’re not very familliar with this technology, so I would advise to work first with the GCE virtual appliance, which works out of the box, before moving to GSE.

2 Likes