GVM docker problems

Hi I just need help with something.

I installed GVM with docker(https://github.com/dgiorgio/gvm-docker) and now I cant Do a scan. I’ve tried everything But it keeps saying it cant find a port list. I’m sure this is an esey fix but i get a bash shell to the docker container and use “greenbone-feed-sync --type SCAP” and it still dose not work.

If you have a one click install method that would work let me know because I have tried every manual method and I still can’t get it to work and the docker is the “best” one yet.

But regardless I need 1. A place to download the xml files (so I can import them manually) or 2. Another method. I’v been trying to get this to work for days and it will not work. Not even with the guide on GVM website. I using the Ubuntu 21.04 OS and that is all I know because it is in a vm.

Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

Hi, I know it is easy to ask and wait. I recommend to do more searching for info in the page. You can find many instructions and guides. Like: GVM 21.04 - Kali Linux

If you have difficulty in getting GVM running it indicates that you need more time to learn how linux internals work. I do not recommend to use something you do not understand. Learning is fun.

You can start from trial and then move to build yourself method Setting Up the Greenbone Security Manager TRIAL (GSM TRIAL) Virtual Machine

3 Likes