GVM upgrade from 21.4.1 to 21.4.3

Hello,

I’m having some issues with GVM, where its saying the following:

Version of installed component:           21.4.1 (Installed component: openvas-libraries on OpenVAS <= 9, openvas-scanner on GVM >= 10)
Latest available openvas-scanner version: 21.4.3
Reference URL(s) for the latest available version: https://community.greenbone.net/t/gvm-21-04-stable-initial-release-2021-04-16/8942```

This is my versions:
### GVM versions
**gsad:** ('gsad --version'): Greenbone Security Assistant 21.04.0~git-4d12dbe90-gsa-21.04
**gvmd:** ('gvmd --version'): Greenbone Vulnerability Manager 21.4.0~git-2f2c39ee-gvmd-21.04
**openvas-scanner:** ('openvas --version', in older GVM versions < 11: 'openvassd --version'): OpenVAS 21.4.1~git-2c77939e-openvas-21.04
GIT revision ~git-2c77939e-openvas-21.04
gvm-libs 21.4.1~git-04dd8db-gvm-libs-21.04
**gvm-libs:**

### Environment
**Operating system:** Debian 10
**Kernel:** ('uname -a'): Linux srvleigvm 4.19.0-10-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.132-1
**Installation method / source:**

Can anyone detail me how i upgrade from 21.4.1 to 21.4.3?

Best Regards,
Ongcos

it’s pretty much the same as the install routine. Stop all services first.
Just skip the account creations. (and decide what to do with the services. delete the old ones and create new ones of modify existing ones). Make sure you reload the daemon and (re)load the lib cache.
And …instead of database creation run the gvmd -m command to upgrade the database

3 Likes

You make it sound easy. it’s not. lol. tried to compile it again but failed.
Don’t know why. Will try again today though.

1 Like

Hello, i have a same problem. Does anyone have instructions to upgrade from 21.4.1?

I would appreciate it very much!.

1 Like

Hi, how you update really depends on the installation method.

If you are using packages from a distribution you have to wait for up to date packages.

If you build from source you need to rebuild all components, stop the running services, update the db and re-start the services.

2 Likes

did you manage ?

Hello again, well in my case only use this on Kali Linux Terminal:

1. apt install openvas
  2. gvm-setup
  3. gvm-check-setup
  4. gvm-start

Sorry, but i’m not a Linux expert… :sweat_smile:

In this case you need to wait until newer versions are arriving in the Kali package repositories:

A post was split to a new topic: Greenbone-security-assistant.service missing