GVMD does not start

Hello!

I’m not able to run GVM from the source code. I’m trying to install the latest stable version (GVM10)

I get the following errors:

• The gvmd daemon doesn’t start:

md manage:WARNING:2019-06-15 18h39.06 utc:11271: sql_open: PQconnectPoll failed
md manage:WARNING:2019-06-15 18h39.06 utc:11271: sql_open: PQerrorMessage (conn): FATAL: role “root” does not exist
md manage:WARNING:2019-06-15 18h39.06 utc:11271: init_manage_process: sql_open failed

When I try to start via the interface the error that returns is GMP Service is Down, I understand that it is because it is not initialized.

I have followed step by step the installation and I have used PostgresSQL as default database. Following step by step also the use of this as indicated in the guide.

Seeing the log I understand that it’s a database problem but I don’t understand what’s happening…

Thanks!

Hi,

it seems to me (even though I do not have much db knowledge as well) that you try to start gvmd as root.
There is AFAIK no reason for that and gvmd should never be installed or run as root.

Please read and follow https://github.com/greenbone/gvmd/blob/master/doc/postgres-HOWTO when installing gvmd with postgresql as db.

Regards