gvmd: 21.4.4
openvas-scanner: 21.4.4
gvm-libs: 21.4.3

Environment

Operating system: Linux VULNERABILITY
Kernel: (‘uname -a’) Linux 5.14.0-kali4-amd64 x86_64
Installation method / source: OpenVas on Kali Linux

Hi Community,

Every time i do a scan i get the error of version, i want to update to the latest version but I don’t know how to do it.
The repository is:

I don’t know how to do it since I would like to keep the data

I need your help.
Thanks

Hi @josepe and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

With Kali (and many other Linux distributions), upgrades are typically handled by the distributions themselves using the package manager (unless you are building from source) and will update to the latest version available in the distribution, which may not match our most recent release (there is usually a lag time between the two, that is normal). With Kali in particular, the preferred way to keep applications up to date is to keep the system up to date (they use a rolling release model).

Information on updating Kali is here https://www.kali.org/docs/general-use/updating-kali/

One quick question on the error message, there are different types (application, feed status and scripts). Can you please post a screenshot or the text of the full error message to make sure we are talking about the same thing? Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have updated but still have the same problem, I attach screenshot. The problem is that it always shows up as critical in the scans :frowning:

Thanks for the reply DeeAnn.

This means that the used openvas-scanner package hasn’t been updated to the latest available version 21.4.4-1 from kali-rolling and is still at version 21.4.3.

I can’t update to version 21.4.4.
I thought it would be available by now, I’ll wait a little longer.
Thank you

According to the following page version 21.4.4 should be already available in kali-rolling:

https://pkg.kali.org/pkg/openvas-scanner