ISM and ITG export empty

Hi there,

I am new to Greenbone Security Assistant and this forum. Recently I have been tasked with exporting a report to use with verinice. I have tried the Verinice ISM & ITG export of the report and both files are empty when downloaded (0 Bytes). I do not have access to the server that Greenbone is running on at the moment but I will soon. I have seen a post about missing libraries regarding empty PDF files but have yet to find one regarding the vna files. Could someone please point me in the direction of a fix for this or any other helpful information.

At the moment I am using arftoverinice-v0.1.zip found here https://sourceforge.net/projects/arftoverinice/files/ but unfortunately this will not work for a report of all hosts on an entire subnet, instead, it only works per host. There is an issue with the code that I am currently working on for a fix.

Greenbone Security Assistant Version 7.0.3
SerNet verinice 1.18.1.eval

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Derek

Normally you get such responses if something did go wrong during report generation. Most of the time required software for generating the report isn’t installed.

2 Likes

Hi Bricks,

Firstly, thnks for the reply. Secondly, I actually didn’t install GSA but I can contact the person that did so is it a third party software or is it something you specify during the installation of GSA? Or is it just an apt-get of something that we have missed?

Sorry for all the questions but I have searched a lot and cannot find an answer so speaking to someone with experience is great. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Derek

I am not sure which dependencies both plugins have, because personally I didn’t used them yet. But after looking at https://github.com/greenbone/gvmd/blob/master/src/report_formats/Verinice_ISM/generate at least xmlstarlet and xsltproc are required (apt install xsltproc xmlstarlet).

3 Likes

Thanks Bricks, as I said I don’t have access to the server yet but I will on Monday so I’ll let you know if this fix works. Also thanks for the link and your time.

Hi Bricks,

Just to let you know, that worked a treat for me after I got access to the server and I can now download both verinice formats. Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
Derek

2 Likes