List of OS+App's

Hey everybody.

I’m just starting with vulnability scanner and took my first steps with greenbone (gvm 21.04.10).
So far it works fine.

Can you tell me the easiest and fastest way (scan configuration) to get a simple report listing OS + version and installed applications + version of each scanned device?

Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sandro

Hi @SandroP and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Here’s a link to the Greenbone Manual, it might have more info than you need right now, but it goes into the various options for scanning and reports.

https://docs.greenbone.net/GSM-Manual/gos-21.04/en/

There is also a training and walkthrough available for getting started, the information for it is here:

(edit- the preview is in German but the link should go to the English version of the page)

Hope that helps!

Thank you @DeeAnn. :slight_smile:

I think I may have made my request a little vague. :sweat_smile:
I know the documentation and the basic functionality of greenbone. The scans also provide the corresponding results.

My question was rather to what extent you can configure a search in that way that only the OS and application are searched for.

If I only need this information, I don’t have to let the system run with unnecessary detections.

Since the abundance of scan options is enormous, I thought someone could tell me which parameters of a scan just provide this information without having to go through 100K NVTs. :sweat_smile:

Hi @SandroP

I think custom scan configurations will get you closer to what you’re looking for and help narrow things down. Here’s a thread with how to do it using specific CVEs and a link to the docs on custom configurations:

Hopefully that helps, if not please let us know. Thanks!

1 Like