Md manage:WARNING: database must be initialised from scanner

Hi folks- I have finished building GVM11 (latest stable) on Centos 8. (see other post, I am publishing a quick guide).

Does anyone have any idea what this error is and how I resolve it?

md manage:WARNING:2020-05-20 17h39.25 utc:2028: database must be initialised from scanner

It means gvmd needs to talk to a scanner through which NVT will be loaded. You have probably started gvmd with the option –osp-vt-update=/opt/gvm/var/run/ospd.sock or similar.

So you must have an OSP scanner like ospd-openvas listening to socket /opt/gvm/var/run/ospd.sock

You typically want to have this by running ospd-openvas through:

/opt/gvm/bin/ospd-scanner/bin/python3.6 /opt/gvm/bin/ospd-scanner/bin/ospd-openvas --pid-file /opt/gvm/var/run/ospd-openvas.pid --unix-socket=/opt/gvm/var/run/ospd.sock --log-file /opt/gvm/var/log/gvm/ospd-scanner.log --log-level DEBUG --lock-file-dir /opt/gvm/var/run/ --config /opt/gvm/etc/openvas/ospd.conf

I’m starting it correctly, but it appears I get this message once right at startup. My guess is that it hasn’t quite connected to the socket just yet before that message is displayed…

You need to wait a few minutes. It needs to first load all NVTs in Redis and in memory. Once all done, it will open the socket, but not before.