OpenVAS master and multiple slave(scanner) setup

Hi Team, I wanted to create docker based scalable scanning setup.

Example scenario : consider I have 1000+ host to be scan added in master, so master docker image should automatically launch slave scanners (50 host each ) 20 slave and after finishing scanning, slave should terminated . All slave scan information should be saved to master database and logs to external volume for reference.

Please let me know any existing Dockerfile available for this, or please guide me for creating the same.

Hi @Hmv.sarode and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

This looks like a good plan for a product. There are some containers out there, but we don’t currently maintain a list for them. Greenbone is planning on doing more wrt Docker in the future and your scenario looks pretty useful for that. I don’t have a timeline (right now things are super busy) but later as it happens, if you’d like to test it and help us out that’d be pretty cool :smiley:

In the meantime if you find something or can create one that works, please let us know :smiley: Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @DeeAnn Thanks for your response.

I can understand that you might not able to post those container links / names directly here on forum. But will it be possible for you to please share it on my registered email seaprately, so I can work on those and find way to make this product workaround.

Thanks in advance.

I think we have a misunderstanding and I’m not being vague, we really don’t have a list of links. :slight_smile:

Because it’s an open source project and product, it’s not always easy to know where and how things are implemented, customized, extended, included in other applications, etc. So there isn’t anything I can email to you. Thank you for understanding.

2 Likes