OpenVAS Scan Support for Rocky Linux 8 / RHEL 8 / CentOS 8 Stream

Hey guys,

as mentioned in the headline: What is the current roadmap for supporting those operating systems to be scanable by OpenVAS?

Although CentOS 7 will get security and critical bug fixes until 2024, we are more and more forced to update to CentOS 8 Stream or Rocky Linux 8 to get new features. I can’t even seem to find that RHEL 8 is already supported from your side. Can you shed some light on this?

Best regards,
Marcel

Just a quick follow up for anyone reading, this has been routed to customer support (and I have moved the the thread to Professional Edition).

3 Likes

Hey DeeAnn,

could you check if there are any updates yet?

Best regards,
Marcel

Hi @marcel.wittwer,

If I remember correctly, you are a current customer (if that’s incorrect please let me know) and the best way to check would be to open a ticket from the Support portal directly at Service Management

Thanks!

Hey @DeeAnn,

we are currently only using the free / community version but we are in an evaluating state right now due to an infrastructure upgrade which will also include the latest operating systems.

Hi @marcel.wittwer,

You can go ahead and contact Professional Support. Thanks!

Hi @marcel.wittwer,

Just wanted to give you an update and let you know that support for Rocky Linux has been added to the Greenbone Enterprise Feed as of today (24.05.2022). Thanks!

1 Like