Options for Brute Force NVTs Credentials file

Hello,
Trying to upload a credentials file with usernames and passwords:

• Credentials file:
    A file containing a list of credentials. One username/password pair per line. Username and password are separated
    by ‘:’. Please use ‘none’ for empty passwords or empty usernames. If the username or the password contains a ‘:’,
    please escape it with ‘:’.
    Examples:
    user:userpass

But if fails with no errors in log files. Is there a limit for credentials file size?

Hi @Sanha and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’ve moved your topic to the Greenbone Source Edition (if this isn’t the right place I can move it back) and have some questions. What is your configuration? Here is a template to fill out:

GVM versions

gsad: (‘gsad --version’)
gvmd: (‘gvmd --version’)
openvas-scanner: (‘openvas --version’, in older GVM versions < 11: ‘openvassd --version’)
gvm-libs:

Environment

Operating system:
Kernel: (‘uname -a’)
Installation method / source:

The second question is do you have a link to the tutorial you are following? I’m not seeing those instructions in the current Greenbone documentation.

Thanks!

Hi @DeeAnn!
Thanks for your reply!

GVM versions

gsad: Greenbone Security Assistant 21.4.3
gvmd: Greenbone Vulnerability Manager 21.4.5~dev1~git-14ad987df-gvmd-21.04
openvas-scanner: OpenVAS 21.4.3
gvm-libs: gvm-libs 21.4.4~dev1~git-13d5f6ad-gvm-libs-21.04

Environment

Operating system: Debian Buster
Kernel: Linux vm-as576 4.19.0-18-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 4.19.208-1 (2021-09-29) i686 GNU/Linux
Installation method / source: source

That’s the point - there is no documentation for this VT!
https://docs.greenbone.net/GSM-Manual/gos-20.08/en/scanning.html?highlight=nvt#nvt-preferences
Documenting all VT preferences is out of scope of this document. Only the VT preferences of the Nmap and Ping Host port scanners are covered for now.