Hi There, we had a company come in and do a scan using nessus. and they picked up some issues with microsoft office being out of date that greenbone didn’t pick up on.
as it turns out it was a false positive, but while investigating this issue we found that quite a few machines didn’t have the latest version of office2019 installed however greenbone wasn’t picking these up either.
is there anything im doing wrong, or does greenbone not check for office versions?
- Im running a full very deep scan
- I have tried with hostname and IP address
- the scans are authenticated and the results show they have authenticated
- my feed is up to date (shouldn’t matter as these installs are months out of date)
- everything else in the scan is as expected