Problem during installation of openvas-scanner 21.4.3

Hi,
during installation of version 21.4.3 of openvas-scanner (on a Debian 10 system) when I launch make command I receive the following error:
/tmp/openvas-scanner-21.4.3/src/attack.c: In function ‘attack_network’:
/tmp/openvas-scanner-21.4.3/src/attack.c:1396:46: error: implicit declaration of function ‘gvm_duplicate_host’; did you mean ‘v6_islocalhost’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
gvm_hosts_add (alive_hosts_list, gvm_duplicate_host (host));
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
v6_islocalhost
/tmp/openvas-scanner-21.4.3/src/attack.c:1396:46: error: passing argument 2 of ‘gvm_hosts_add’ makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Werror=int-conversion]
gvm_hosts_add (alive_hosts_list, gvm_duplicate_host (host));
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/openvas-scanner-21.4.3/src/hosts.h:31,
from /tmp/openvas-scanner-21.4.3/src/attack.c:32:
/usr/local/include/gvm/base/hosts.h:127:31: note: expected ‘gvm_host_t *’ {aka ‘struct gvm_host *’} but argument is of type ‘int’
gvm_hosts_add (gvm_hosts_t *, gvm_host_t *);
^~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/openvas.dir/build.make:63: src/CMakeFiles/openvas.dir/attack.c.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:517: src/CMakeFiles/openvas.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:163: all] Error 2

What kind of checks can I do?

It is very likely you are building against the wrong version of gvm-libs. Please ensure you have build and installed gvm-libs 21.4.3.

2 Likes

I apologize: it is evident that when I made the installation attempt I was drunk… Apparently I was simply wrong in the package installation order … Installing the right version of gvm-libs solved the problem. Thank you very much and sorry again for the request

1 Like