gvmd: 21.4.4
openvas-scanner: 21.4.4
gvm-libs: 21.4.3

Environment

Operating system: Linux VULNERABILITY
Kernel: Linux 5.14.0-kali4-amd64 x86_64
Installation method / source: OpenVas on Kali Linux

Hello Community,

The GVMD_DATA is not updated in any way. Then when we scan a server we get the vulnerability.

Report outdated / end-of-life Scan Engine / Environment (local) OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.25623.1.0.108560

Too old (139 days) Please check the automatic synchronization of your system.

Thanks in advance

@josepe well. gvmd data contains only scan settings. its not update so regulary.

Eero

I had read it with older entries, but hadn’t seen one as old as the one I have.
thanks for answering so fast

@josepe You can check the Greenbone Security Manager. (login as guest)
It´s always good to compare the feed version of the livedemo with your own instance.
The GVM_DATA there is 139 days old, too.

2 Likes

Perfect, thank you very much Eric.

Was there a way to prevent the scans from showing me an error?

Update your scan engine, with that EoL engine there is the risk that not all NVTs could be executed properly and you might miss critical vulnerabilities.

1 Like

This message is unrelated to the GVMD_DATA and requires action from your side as mentioned in the solution tag of that VT:

I just checked the Security Manager, like @Eric suggested (Great Idea!), and my info matches up. I noticed a change in syntax (for Kali Linux). In order to update the different “feeds”, the command is sudo -u _gvm greenbone-certdata-sync --type CERT/SCAP/GVMD_DATA. Yes, you can also run sudo -u _gvm greenbone-nvt-sync, but it does not seem to have the same effect as the first command.
Sorry, I left something out, if you want to Auto delete old reports, you can do that when you start a Scan.

1 Like