Report of OpenVAS: Some vulns reported twice

When I do a scan using Openvas 9. I can see that some of the vuln is reported twice. For example OS end of life detection is reported twice which are exactly same. Why is that? Is it a bug? or Is it something to do with logic in nasl scripts?

Hi,
please provide as much information as possible, e.g.:

1. Which OS are you working on?
  2. Did you install via package manager or the github repo?
  3. Which VTs are duplicated?
  4. Which scan configuration did you use?

Please let us know, if maybe this already answers your question:

You linked back to my post suggesting it may answer the question, but the same question remains unanswered in my post… I never found a way to find the de-duplicated results for a host. It always showed all findings across all scans, even if different scans found the same thing. After spending weeks trying to sort it out, my final solution was to use a different scanner.

As I already wrote in your topic linked here. A result is always duplicated if you scan the same host without changes several times. You always will get a new result for every scan if the host didn’t change. So the same VT will create at least one result per host per scan.

To avoid a misunderstanding here:

@manasa-ummadi could you please clarify where you see this vulnerabilities reported twice? Do you see them via the Scans -> Results View (as shown in the Screenshot in Duplicate Findings) or in the Results View of a specific Report?