Some scheduled tasks not working

Hello,

i’ve got a problem with some of my scheduled tasks. There are 44 scheduled tasks from which 4 scheduled tasks are not working. The only difference to the other tasks are the included hosts. The tasks simply don’t start (no error on the webinterface). When I start them manually they are working fine.

Are there any logs where i can find some detailed information for this tasks? I’ve already deleted the tasks / hosts and recreate them without success. Anything else is working fine in my installation / environment.

Thanks in advance.
Marcel

GVM versions

gsa: 8.0.1
gvm: 8.0.1
openvas-scanner: 6.0.1

Environment

Operating system: Ubuntu
Kernel: 4.19.0-5-amd64
Installation method / source: built from Source / Greenbone

Please check your syslog, you might wan´t to increase the log level as well.

Make sure the user who created the schedule is still able to run the task.
(If this isn’t the case, you will find constant re-scheduling in the manager log)

1 Like

There is only one user and this user is able to run the task manually. When the task is supposed to run there is nothing in the logs. When i run the task manually i can find all the infos in the logs.
I’ve looked into the following logs:
gvmd.log
openvassd.log
syslog

gvmd.log is exactly where you should find the status change of a task when it starts running.
Next things to check would be if the task has the proper schedule attached:
Web GUI > Tasks > Name of the Task > Magnifier > Check if the category “Schedule” is shown.
Then check the schedule by clicking on the name of the Schedule: Check if the “first run” and the “next run” are the times you expect. Make sure to take the timezone in account.

If you can’t find a mistake, I’m out of clue. I’d delete the misbehaving schedule and recreate a similar one.

1 Like

Thx for the answer. I’ve checked everthing you said and the settings are OK.
Then I’ve created a new schedule and now it seems to work.

This is curious, because the “faulty” schedule is working on other tasks without any problems.