SyntaxWarning /usr/share/gvm-tools

Hi,

currently I am facing a “SyntaxWarning” issue during installation from GVM.
What I have done:

Fresh installed Kali 2021.1, updated all and install gvm with: apt install gvm* -y
At end end of the install process some issues are shown:

gvmd-dbgsym (20.8.1-0kali1) wird eingerichtet …
ospd-openvas (20.8.1-0kali3) wird eingerichtet …
ospd-openvas.service is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it.
python3-gvm (21.1.1-1) wird eingerichtet …
greenbone-security-assistant (20.8.1-0kali2) wird eingerichtet …
greenbone-security-assistant.service is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it.
gvm (20.8.0.3~kali1) wird eingerichtet …
gvm-tools (21.1.0-1) wird eingerichtet …
/usr/share/gvm-tools/application-detection.gmp.py:24: SyntaxWarning: “is not” with a literal. Did you mean “!=”?
if len_args is not 1:
/usr/share/gvm-tools/application-detection.gmp.py:46: SyntaxWarning: “is” with a literal. Did you mean “==”?
if len(hostname) is 0:
/usr/share/gvm-tools/cfg-gen-for-certs.gmp.py:26: SyntaxWarning: “is not” with a literal. Did you mean “!=”?
if len_args is not 1:
/usr/share/gvm-tools/check-gmp.gmp.py:898: SyntaxWarning: “is” with a literal. Did you mean “==”?
if key is “log” and not show_log:
/usr/share/gvm-tools/create-dummy-data.gmp.py:28: SyntaxWarning: “is not” with a literal. Did you mean “!=”?
if len_args is not 1:
/usr/share/gvm-tools/create-targets-from-host-list.gmp.py:27: SyntaxWarning: “is not” with a literal. Did you mean “!=”?
if len_args is not 2:
/usr/share/gvm-tools/delete-overrides-by-filter.gmp.py:26: SyntaxWarning: “is not” with a literal. Did you mean “!=”?
if len_args is not 1:
/usr/share/gvm-tools/send-delta-emails.gmp.py:35: SyntaxWarning: “is not” with a literal. Did you mean “!=”?
if len_args is not 0:
/usr/share/gvm-tools/start-nvt-scan.gmp.py:75: SyntaxWarning: “is” with a literal. Did you mean “==”?
if len(nvt_oid) is 0:
/usr/share/gvm-tools/start-nvt-scan.gmp.py:125: SyntaxWarning: “is” with a literal. Did you mean “==”?
if len(hosts) is 0:
/usr/share/gvm-tools/sync-assets.gmp.py:25: SyntaxWarning: “is not” with a literal. Did you mean “!=”?
if len_args is not 1:
/usr/share/gvm-tools/update-task-target.gmp.py:81: SyntaxWarning: “is” with a literal. Did you mean “==”?
if var is ‘0’:
Trigger für libc-bin (2.31-9) werden verarbeitet …
Trigger für man-db (2.9.4-2) werden verarbeitet …
Trigger für kali-menu (2021.2.0) werden verarbeitet …

Has anyone have the same issues?

When posting you should provide information about your environment using the following template:

GVM versions

gsad: 20.08.1~git
gvmd: 20.08.01 Manager DB revision 223
openvas-scanner: 20.8.1
gvm-libs: 20.8.1

Environment

Operating system: Kali
Kernel: 5.10.24-1kali1 (2021-03-23)
Installation method / source: Kali ISO

This is fixed with

already but we didn’t release the fix with a new version yet.

1 Like

Nice, thank you. Have I to change the lines by myself in the scripts?

Thanks!

No you don’t need to change it by hand. These are only warnings so you can ignore them for now and they will be fixed automatically when we release the next version.

2 Likes