The NVT collection is very small - unable to scan hosts

Hello,
I am using OpenVAS on Kali linux (both are the latest versions) and cannot scan hosts because there is a problem with the NVT files. My master’s project is on pen testing and OpenVAS is not working. I desperately need help please

![capture1|690x334]
I have tried to use the command greenbone-nvt-sync, uninstalled and reinstalled openvas, updated kali linux, but none have resolved the issue

Kindly find attached the error message

The result of openvas-check-setup

Category description of the “Vulnerability Tests” category where this post was made:

Vulnerability tests (VTs) are executed by a scanner and detect vulnerabilities of various kind. VTs also detect services, products etc. and gather policy compliance information.

and the template showing up for new posts:

Use this category for all topics (General discussion of results, reporting of false positive / negative results, VT development) around vulnerability tests (the so called “NASL scripts”).

Please chose a different/better fitting category for all topics related to GVM (Installation, Usage, Configuration, Scanning).

Obviously your question doesn’t belong into this category, moving into a better fitting one.

1 Like

I’m also closing this topic as a duplicate of the existing ones below.

Please follow up there if you have further questions around this topic.