Troubleshooting Upgrade

• Greenbone Security Assistant 8.0.0 (From greenbone-security-assistant.x86_64 7.0.2-2738.el7.art)

• Greenbone Vulnerability Manager 8.0.0 (From openvas-manager.x86_64 7.0.2-2737.el7.art)

• OpenVAS Scanner 6.0.0 (From openvas-scanner.x86_64 5.1.1-2736.el7.art)

• gvm-libs-10.0.0-6924.el7.art.x86_64

1. CentOS 7.6.1810
    1. 3.10.0-957.5.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Feb 1 14:54:57 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    1. yum update, from [atomic repository]

Folks,

First time posting here, patience is appreciated :slight_smile:

As you can see above, I performed some yum update commands, successfully. Unfortunately I’ve hit some snags after running through the steps here

Here’s the error I get in the logs when I try to login to the web interface:

All three of the services above are started & I have debug log levels set to 128.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

This seems to be a packet issue, please get back to your packet maintainer and report that issue. There is a upgrade process what is not taken here and might break your installation.

1 Like

@Lukas Are you referring to the “package” maintainer? The folks at Atomic? I thought I was really close since everything reports back positively aside from this error :frowning: perhaps rebuilding from scratch on a new box is easier…

We don´t support any uncoordinated integrations like your packets and OS. So please get back with this issue to them.

2 Likes

Atomicorp has a GitHub, but be forewarned, they don’t seem very interested in addressing the issues they have in their repo. I’ve had an issue posted there for months, and it’s gone unanswered.

If you want to add your comments, you can find it here: https://github.com/Atomicorp/openvas/issues

We don´t deal or support any 3rd party packets for exactly that reason. We have no control about the various and sometimes security relevant mistakes most uncoordinated integrations have build in.
You have to compile it on your own and must know what you are doing or use our GOS. That is the only distribution we can support at all.

Please read about packets and security here.

Thanks @nsochris I’ll take a look :slight_smile:!

Thank you @Lukas will also look at rebuilding from source then…