Your last GOS Menu session failed or was interrupted unexpectedly

Hi everyone,
I woke up this morning to find out that my OpenVas server is down, the green OS’s interface is not showing up anymore and the message bellow shows up every time : ‘Your last GOS Menu session failed or was interrupted unexpectedly.’, plus, when i try to log into the OpenVas web UI ; ‘GMP error during authentication’

Capture

This is more a GCE issue then a GMP, it looks there was a power or hypervisor failure.
Did this VM had any hard restart or filesystem corruption ?

I would suggest that you:

1. Try to reboot and observe the Console, normally GOS is trying to repair filesystem corruptions automatically and brings the VM to a working state, if possible.

2. If this is not working, i would restore the latest backup / VM snapshot.

1 Like

I only have remote access to the server, can’t do anything about the VM …

You need a console, either local or remote via VNC, Spline or what ever your hypervisor provides.

Just a note, there is no OpenVAS Server or OpenVAS GUI. You are using the Greenbone Community Edition (GCE) which is a virtual machine. It is running several daemons to server the Greenbone Vulnerability Management (GVM). The main daemon is called gvmd. The protocol spoken by this daemon is GMP. The UI is named Greenbone Security Assistant (GSA) and is served by a http server called gsad.

2 Likes