Feed Version: No feed present -- No scan results

Noobie here.

Scans return no results.

Get “Warning: SecInfo Database Missing”
"SCAP and/or CERT database missing on OMP server.

I have tried everything. Even RTM! …and re-installing.

Thank you for your help with this frustrating item.

Hi,

please try to provide as much details as possible in an initial post, this could include e.g. used Linux-Distro, versions of the components in use and similar information which could help other readers to help you.

Currently most information is missing like:

1. Information on the Setup (Versions, GSE/GCE Edition etc.)
  2. Steps you already tried

Anyway, without more information provided, this could help you:

2 Likes

Yes, I saw the entry; but, I didn’t read it fully to the end. Thanks for bringing citing it because it relates precisely (i.e. hyperv vm; gce v.4.2.2) my problem.

Support -> Shell: journalctl -f
Log states:
No key file present
Using GSM User id None for Feed download
Run rsync --delete --recursive --compress-level=9 --links rsync://feed.openvas.org:/cert-data/ /opt/greenbone/feed/cert-data
rsync: failed to connect to feed.openvas.org (89.146.224.58): Connection timed out (110)
rsync: filed to connect to feed.openvas.org (2a01:130:2000:127::d1): Network is unreachable (101)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(128) [Receiver=3.1.1]

I will troubleshoot with this new information and update this ticket.

My troubleshooting is not yet paid off.

More information (from About…):
GSM Type: CE
GOS Version: 4.2.24
Feed Version: No feed present
Subscription Key: No key present
Web interface: https://x.y.z.xyz
No system operation is currently running.

I opened port 873 on my hyperv and our firewall to/from 89.146.224.58.

I could not locate where I could modify the iptables on the GSM OS 3.16.0 Debian.

What is the root password on the system? The OS does not allow me to sudo (as root) because I don’t have the password.

the /sbin/iptables command does not work because of my permissions.

i have two installations and neither work. One is set for port 24 and the other is set for port 443. I opened all the ports and turned off the firewall on the hyperv host. Still nothing…

Where do I get a subscription key as it is saying “no key file present”

Thanks for your help with this item. Let me know of questions.

You need to enable RSYNC (TCP/873) without NAT and Proxy to our IPv6/IPv4 feed server [feed.community.greenbone.net] . SSH port 24 or 443 is only supported if you use the GSF (Paying Greenbone Customer). You should check with your firewall that a connection is active. Please note if you share your IP with other Systems one feed-sync per IP is the limit for the GCF. You can check by telneting to the Port 873 if your communication works.
You will see:
#nc6 feed.community.greenbone.net 873

@RSYNCD: 31.0
Greenbone community feed server - http://feed.community.greenbone.net/
This service is hosted by Greenbone Networks - http://www.greenbone.net/

All transactions are logged.
[…]

1 Like

Opened outgoing rsync port 873 from GSC server (xxx.yyyx.zzz.xyz)

Below is log excerpt:
Session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Pull feed from Greenbone Server
root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/home/admin ; USER=feeduser ; COMMAND=/user/bin/feed-ssh-sync /cert-data /opt/greenbone/feed/cert-data
session opened for user feeduser by (uid=0)
Loading Feed from rsync://feed.openvas.org
Using Port 443 fro Feed download
Using proxy xxx.yyy.zzz.xyz with port 443 for Feed download
No key file present
Using GSM User ID None for Feed download
Run rsync --delete --recursive --compress-level=9 --links rsync://feed.openvas.org:cert-data/ /opt/greenbone/feed/cert-data
[THIS IS IN RED…] rsync: failed to connect to feed.openvas.org (89.146.224.58): Connection timed out (110)
[THIS IS IN RED…] rsync: failed to connect to feed.openvas.org (2a01:130:2000:127::d1): Network is unreachable (101)
[THIS IS IN RED…] rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(128) [Receiver=3.1.1]
session closed for user feeduser
session closed for user root

Ran the rsync suggested in above log:
rsync --delete --recursive --compress-level=9 --links rsync://feed.openvas.org:cert-data/ /opt/greenbone/feed/cert-data

ssh: Could not resolve hostname rsync: Name or service not known
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [Receiver]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(226) [Receiver=3.1.1]

i am unable to use telnet command from the machine as I cannot login as root, only admin (GSC admin account)

Still get Warning when upon entry on web page:
Warning: SecInfo Database Missing
SCAP and/or CERT database missing on OMP server

Please read the post above, do not use Port 443 that is not supported with the GCF, as well Proxy … you need to connect your VM direct to the Internet. As well the major part of the internet is not reachable as well.

Plus did you entered a DNS Server to reach the Feed-IP ?

1 Like

Lukas,

Thank you; that worked.

The DNS was key, apparently.

This is resolved! Thanks again for your help, everyone!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cannot get community feed on version os 5.0.10 even on port 443