Can't login to OpenVAS web

GVM versions

**gsad:Greenbone Security Assistant 7.0.3
**gvmd: N/A
**openvas-scanner: N/A
**gvm-libs: YES

Environment

**Operating system:Debian 10 Buster
**Kernel:Linux hostname 4.19.0-16-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.181-1 (2021-03-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux

**Installation method / source:sudo apt-get install openvas

Can’t login to web interface of openvas even recreating countless users with different combination of characters etc:
openvasmd --create-user=myuser --new-password=Passwd1234 -v
User created with password ‘1897306b-b7fd-4455-bb4d-3232d2376077’

That also happens on a Kali distribution. What is wrong with your product?!?!?!?
Can anyone shed some light on this???
THank you!!!

Hi Reiser and welcome to this community,

It seems that is a issue of your Kali Distribution, our product is running well. I would suggest you try the GVM Trial first, if this is working please open a trouble ticket at Kali.

We are not responsible for uncoordinated integrations.

Here are some help full FAQ, please use the search function of this community forum if you look for solutions of common issues, that your problem looks like.

I’m sure there were similar posts in the past.
If I remember correctly, at least one mentioned that setting password when creating the user was not working (under some circumstances, of course), while updating an existing user changing password was working.
Maybe you could try:
sudo runuser -u _gvm -- gvmd --user=admin --new-password=yournewpassord
And maybe always check:
sudo runuser -u _gvm -- gvmd --get-users
and the gvmd.log

Please refer to our FAQ, your software is dead, end of life … do you really wanna ride a dead horse ?

Did you read my post? I have an issue on Debian 10 Buster. Why do you require specific details if you don’t even read? Is there a way I can solve this on Debian 10?
Thank you!!!

As Kali was mentioned initially:

I have seen such issues in the past if the wrong user (e.g. root and not the dedicated _gvm user) was used for the gvmd, greenbone-feed-sync and greenbone-nvt-sync commands.

As the version of OpenVAS/GVM included in Debian 10 is deprecated/outdated/unsupported/end-of-life i would try to build GVM 21.04 by following the tutorial below (only the github branches needs to be changed from 20.08 to 21.04):

https://sadsloth.net/post/install-gvm-20_08-src-on-debian/