Configs not found

GVM versions

Greenbone Security Assistant 21.4.3
Greenbone Vulnerability Manager 21.4.4
OpenVAS 21.4.3
gvm-libs 21.4.3

Environment

Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS (Focal Fossa) - Server Image
Linux UBUNT-SECSCAN-001 5.11.0-1027-azure #30~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 12 20:56:50 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Installation method / source:
Followed the steps from here:
https://greenbone.github.io/docs/gvm-21.04/index.html

I have followed the steps using the guide provided but I am having some issues creating a task due to there not being any configs available.
My issue looks very similar to the one found in this post:

However, the defult sock path is where the sock is so it did not resolve my issue unfortunatly.

This is the result when i try and get any configs:

I am not as farmiliar with linux as i would like to be so it may just be something simple which i have missed. Thank you for any help :slight_smile:

Hi @Marcel.o,

Something to try is making sure the Feed Import owner is correctly set, so first rerun this step in the install guide Building GVM 21.04 — Greenbone Documentation documentation

And then try syncing again and let us know what happens. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you very much for that.
I have ran the steps again and the configs are not there still.

I have also done these steps which i found from the post which i referred to. I am not sure if this is the problem as there is nothing in the owner column

Thanks,

iadmin@UBUNT-SECSCAN-001:~$ sudo -u gvm gvmd --get-users --verbose
admin ce0a99ac-63a8-4abe-a84e-df93e9ab68e5

iadmin@UBUNT-SECSCAN-001:~$ sudo -u gvm psql -d gvmd -c "SELECT * FROM settings WHERE uuid = '78eceaec-3385-11ea-b237-28d24461215b'";
 id |                 uuid                 | owner |       name        |                         comment                         |                value
----+--------------------------------------+-------+-------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 14 | 78eceaec-3385-11ea-b237-28d24461215b |       | Feed Import Owner | User who is given ownership of new resources from feed. | ce0a99ac-63a8-4abe-a84e-df93e9ab68e5

Hi,

By any chance is there any other steps which can be suggested to take to try and resolve this?

Thanks,

Hi @Marcel.o,

I’m not sure what’s going on (and you’ve checked the other thread to rule things out).

When I run the exact same query on my reference install I get the same results with an empty owner column (though mine works). Hopefully someone can jump in with additional insight (I’m curious also).

Hi @DeeAnn

I am not sure either.

From the other thread if i could understand correctly they:

1. set the feed owner again and synced each of the feeds - done

2. Redis could not find the sock path - I have checked and my sock is at the default location which is /var/run/redis/redis.sock

The only part which I have not done is manually set any permissions, it is currently set to srwxrwxr-x by default.

I also have not rebooted the server as of yet but i would not have thought that it should change anything.

Any other insight would be great, thank you :slight_smile: