Greenbone-feed-sync fail (feed.community.greenbone.net connection reffused)

I’m using 20.08, and as some other have posted, I get connection refused.
The resolution for the other threads was that the version was outdated, but I’m using pretty much up to date version:

greenbone-feed-sync --type GVMD_DATA --version
20.08.0~git-9d7f131e-master
(note that I have to type the --type parameter, the program insist for that param to be there, even if displaying only the version, another issue… not related to the subject here)

So, I get the following error:

greenbone-feed-sync --type GVMD_DATA

rsync: failed to connect to feed.community.greenbone.net (45.135.106.142): Connection refused (111)
rsync: failed to connect to feed.community.greenbone.net (2a0e:6b40:20:106:20c:29ff:fe67:cbb5): Cannot assign requested address (99)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(127) [Receiver=3.1.3]

I know that the feed server is in the process of being relocated, so it may be a DNS issue (the address above is what I get with both my provider DNS and with google DNS using nslookup).

Hopefully this can be resolved soon, as I’m doing a new installation of gvm and it’s pretty much unusable (can do only the built-in scans, no vulnerability assessment).

Regards,
Eric

1 Like

You are not connected to IPv6, and please ensure that you are NOT establish a other session with the same source IP. The IP is correct but if one session is already active you can not establish a 2nd one and get “Connection refused”

Hello

Actually, it’s my bad. I was behind my corporate firewall which is really picky about the ports which can go through. I have to manually change the default route to a router that can pass the outgoing ports.

I kind of forgot about that because this is something that I “done and forgot” on my few devices/VM that need special port to go out, but this was setup in a new VM (which was just set to default DHCP, hence got the corporate default route).

It’s working fine! Thanks for your support, I was just too overwhelmed with all the new variables in the equation of installing the environment that I did not see the solution at first… Typical developer/IT day I guess :slight_smile:

Regards,
Eric

1 Like