Gvm-tools for GMP 22.5

Hello. We recently updated our security appliance (GSM400) to the latest release, but we’re getting this error now from gvm-cli when running some of our automation scripts against the appliance:

ERROR:gvmtools.cli:Remote manager daemon uses an unsupported version of GMP. The GMP version was 22.5

I ran into this a while back with 22.4 and updating the gvm-tools to the latest version resolved it, but updating to the latest version does not seem to resolve my issue this time around. I upgraded the gvm-tools version this morning and this is the current version we have:

./.local/bin/gvm-cli -V
gvm-cli 24.1.0 (API version 23.5.1)

The most recent version of gvm-tools is 24.1. This issue tracked in GitHub seems to indicate the error is in fact from an outdated (incompatible) version of python-gvm

3 Likes

So, I need to update the python-gvm on my host:

$ python3 -m pip install --user python-gvm --upgrade
Requirement already satisfied: python-gvm in ./.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages (23.5.1)
Collecting python-gvm
  Downloading python_gvm-24.1.0-py3-none-any.whl.metadata (5.7 kB)
Requirement already satisfied: defusedxml>=0.6 in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (from python-gvm) (0.7.1)
Requirement already satisfied: lxml>=4.5.0 in ./.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages (from python-gvm) (4.9.4)
Requirement already satisfied: paramiko>=2.7.1 in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (from python-gvm) (2.12.0)
Downloading python_gvm-24.1.0-py3-none-any.whl (148 kB)
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 149.0/149.0 kB 3.9 MB/s eta 0:00:00
Installing collected packages: python-gvm
  Attempting uninstall: python-gvm
    Found existing installation: python-gvm 23.5.1
    Uninstalling python-gvm-23.5.1:
      Successfully uninstalled python-gvm-23.5.1
Successfully installed python-gvm-24.1.0

…and my scripts are working as expected again. Thanks for the breadcrumb.

3 Likes

For the future, we also publish such changes in our release notes and announcements, see Roadmap and Lifecycle - Greenbone and https://forum.greenbone.net/t/greenbone-os-22-04-17-released/.

1 Like