The Greenbone Vulnerability Manager service is not responding

The Greenbone Vulnerability Manager service is not responding. This could be due to system maintenance. Please try again later, check the system status, or contact your system administrator.

gsad main:WARNING:2021-07-29 12h25.14 utc:801: MHD: Error: received handshake message out of context
gsad main:WARNING:2021-07-29 12h25.14 utc:801: MHD: Error: received handshake message out of context

gsad gmp:WARNING:2021-07-29 12h25.18 utc:801: Failed to connect to server at /run/gvm/gvmd.sock: No such file or directory

gsad gmp:WARNING:2021-07-29 12h25.18 utc:801: Authentication failure for ‘admin’ from 10.8.21.59. Status was 1.

Without knowing your installation method we can’t help much. Please check if gvmd is running. Most of the time you can start and check it via systemd’s systemctl tool. The error Failed to connect to server at /run/gvm/gvmd.sock: No such file or directory clearly indicates that the unix domain socket provided by gvmd is not available and gsad can’t connect. For an overview about the architecture see https://greenbone.github.io/docs/background.html#gvm-architecture

1 Like

Bricks,

Both are service is running kindly give me the solution.

You have a permission issue, if you read your log correctly.
Depending on the skill level and Linux knowledge it might be useful to use the GSM Trial first. Self compiled broken installation can not be supported here.

1 Like

You are using a self compiled version with a /opt/gvm install prefix. Therefore it is very likely that gvmd is not listening at /run/gvm/gvmd.sock. If you are using a self compiled version you should be able to change the service file to adjust this path.

2 Likes

@akumar,

Did you have managed to solve this issue ? I am facing exactly the same problem and really no clue how to proceed !

Thanks

Just my two cents. If you are self compiling our stack from an unsupported guide somewhere from the internet you should be able to adjust and configure paths for our daemons especially the unix domain socket locations for inter process communication.

If you don’t have a clue about what I am talking here you should NOT build our stack from source and just use our GSM Trial. Otherwise you will run into several issues you won’t be able to fix by yourself.

2 Likes