Using openvas I cannot scan IP outside of my LAN

Hi,
I’m using Openvas (OpenVAS Manager 7.0.3) on Kali Linux 5.2.0-kali2-amd64. It is configured on private IP 192.168.X.Y. I can scan all the systems on my LAN with no problem. When I try to use openvas on addresses outside of my LAN (for example 95.X.Y.Z), I get as result logs with scan done after 1%. What can I do to solve my problem?
Thanks.

From the text showing up when creating a topic in the “Vulnerability Tests” category:

Use this category for all topics (General discussion of results, reporting of false positive / negative results, VT development) around vulnerability tests (the so called “NASL scripts”).

Please chose a different/better fitting category for all topics related to GVM (Installation, Usage, Configuration, Scanning).

moving into the correct category accordingly.

1 Like

A scan stopped at 1 percent may have several reasons. Please search in the forum for further advises. Furthermore you are using an End-Of-Life version. Please take a look at About the Greenbone Source Edition (GSE) category for current versions.

2 Likes

Try to avoid scanning over NAT Gateways and Firewalls that might impact your results.

2 Likes

Is there a way to skip the NAT Gateways and Firewall? Is there a way to configure openvas through command lines to allow it?

Connect your GVM installation before the firewall :wink: This is a network layout and can´t be fixed, change in Software unless you have a SDN running :wink:

1 Like